Duty Of Care
Recommendations to ensure effective travel risk managEment
One of the biggest topics in business travel right now is travel risk management, otherwise known as Duty of Care to their employees.
Simply put, it’s a moral or legal obligation to ensure the safety or well-being of others. So, why is it a focus? Because traveller safety and security is a real concern for businesses and travellers alike, with recent world events like COVID-19 impacting safe travel in and out of some countries.
Download our Duty of Care whitepaper below to get the latest information on:
- Importance of traveller news updates and information
- Ensuring your travel policy is clear and well defined
- Health and hygiene considerations
- Greater visibility of your travellers’ movements
- Having the right travel insurance policy
- After hours assistance
- Consolidation to ensure complete visibility
- Tops tips for COVID-Clean travel
Recent studies have shown up to 50% of people travelling for business are travelling uninsured or under-insured, but insurance is just one element of duty of care that needs to be considered.
Need help with your Business Travel Arrangements?
Our Travel Managers are dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable. When you work with a Flight Centre Business Travel Manager you’re choosing peace of mind. Direct access to the same person, who gets your business – and its travel needs – inside and out.