Conditions of Entry
- Information about the Prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant.
- The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, ABN 25 003 377 188 of 275 Grey St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, trading as Flight Centre Business Travel. ATAS Accreditation No. A10412. ("Promoter").
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older, who enter the promotion in the required manner as stated in these terms and conditions ("Eligible Entrants").
- Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited t/a Flight Centre Business Travel, its related bodies corporate, suppliers, agencies, licensees, franchisees and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotion Period
- The promotion will commence at 8:30am AEST on Monday 1st June 2021 and will continue until 5:30pm AEST on Friday 30 July 2021 ("Promotion Period").
How to Enter
- To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must successfully;
(a) Be a current or new Flight Centre Business Travel Client
(b) Register for the competition on the promotional website during the promotional period
(c) Purchase a return Virgin Australia marketed and operated flights/ticket during the promotional period through Flight Centre Business Travel
(d) Each Virgin Australia booking will result in one (1) entry
(e) Prize will be awarded to the winner’s employing company and not the individual traveller. The company will have to nominate 2 people within their company who can attend the mentoring day on the date stipulated by the Promoter, at Flight Centre Travel Group Headquarters, Brisbane.
7. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
8. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotional Websites remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used. Any costs associated with accessing the promotion are the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
9. By entering the competition entrants agree that they are entering on behalf of the company they work for. The entrant understands that the prize will be awarded to their organisation who will select 2 people within their company wins the prize/attends the business insights event on the date stipulated by the Promoter.
10. By entering the competition the entrant authorises to subscribe their personal information including their email address and phone number to The Promoter
11. By entering the competition the entrant authorises The Promotor to contact them for marketing purposes (conduct interviews, take videos and pictures of prize winners).
12. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of the Prize Winner selection.
13. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Entries which are incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible, inappropriate, offensive or incomprehensible or which infringe intellectual property rights will be deemed invalid.
14. Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
15. Any costs associated with accessing the promotion (including any FBT) are the responsibility of each entrant and the organisation (and not the Promoter). You must check with your finance department regarding any FBT incurred.
16. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
17. If the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize Winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative Prize of similar monetary value, subject to any direction of a lottery authority.
18. If the Prize Winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the Prize Winner with a substitute Prize.
19. The name of winners, images and videos may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes and any applicable statutory authorities and to conduct direct marketing activities.
Selection of Prize Winner
20. There will be five (5) prize packages in total.
- On Monday 16th August 2021, all eligible entrants will be exported to an excel spreadsheet for the draw
- The number range of all the entries will be entered into the randomiser and it will be asked to select 5 random entry within that range for the (5) Major Prize Winners
- The Prize Winners will be selected on 16.00 AEST on 17 August 2021
- The prize draw will take place at Flight Centre, Level 4, 60 Miller Street, North Sydney 2060.
- The Major Prize Winners will be notified by phone and email by 1600 AEST 19 August 2021 and the result will be published on the promotional website
- The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Winner will have until 5:30pm AEST on 26 August 2021 to claim the Prize and advise which 2 people within the company will attend the event including their details.
- If any Prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner by 5:31pm AEST on 26 August 2021("the Unclaimed Prize"), an unclaimed Prize Draw for the Unclaimed Prize will occur after 8:30am AEST on 27 August 2021 ("Unclaimed Prize Draw"). The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified by email or phone on the day of the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
- Prize winners will only get to travel on certain flights to/from Brisbane. These flight options will be provided by the Promotor.
30. The Prize is five (5) prizes in total. Each prize allows for 2 people to attend from each company so ten (10) people in total)
· Return flights for 2 people in your company from your office’s nearest Australian capital city to Brisbane.
· 1 night’s accommodation in Brisbane. Hotel details & location to be confirmed
· Business Insights & mentoring event at Flight Centre Travel Group’s Headquarters, Brisbane for each person (Dates to be confirmed)
· If Prize winner/s are based in Brisbane, no flights or transfers will be provided. You will need to make your way to/from Flight Centre Travel Group’s Headquarters.
31. The Prize Winner must take the Prize as offered. The Prize is not transferable, redeemable, refundable, and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Prize and booking of the Prize are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Flight Centre Business Travel (available at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/experts/business-travel) and if applicable Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage and fare rules
- Prize Winners must confirm which flight they would like to be on to The Promoter by a stipulated time.
- Details such as name on passport must be correct. Any errors will be worn by prize winner.
- The Prize Winner will be responsible for payment of any amount in excess of the Prize value.
- The Prize does not include transfers, visas, travel insurance, pre/post accommodation, spending money, excess baggage, excursions/tours, optional activities, freight tipping, extension of stay, additional passengers, passports, visas, food allowance or any other items not specified in the Prize details.
- Any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the Prize are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets, passes or vouchers are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes or tickets issued or the duration of the chosen Prize, whichever is earlier.
- Without limiting the foregoing, each Entrant and their employer acknowledges that receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) or other tax implications. To the extent that there is any FBT liability, this may impact the Reportable Fringe Benefits disclosed on the winner’s Payment Summary. It is recommended you contact your personal tax agent to discuss the implications of receiving Reportable Fringe Benefits. The Promoter will not be liable for any taxation, including income tax, FBT or any liability of loss of opportunity due to Reportable Fringe Benefits incurred by a Winner, an Entrant or their employer that may be levied as a result of winning. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a Prize or for any additional costs for items not specified above. Independent financial advice should be sought. Acceptance of the prize will be dependent on the individual FBT policy of the prize winner’s employer.
- The Prize Winner consents to the use of their name, suburb of residence, image and social media name or handle for promotional and marketing purposes. The personal information of the Prize Winner and their travel companion(s) (if applicable) may be provided to others assisting, including Prize suppliers and deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this promotion.
- All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter: (a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any time; and (b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (c) indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
(a) inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
(b) purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
(c) any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
(d) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
(e) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
(f) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
(g) any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
(h) any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during participation in the promotion or use of the Prize, except to the extent directly caused by the Promoter's negligence. If requested by The Promoter, the Prize Winner(s), and his or her guests, must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities may result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
- The above conditions do not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the Prize supplied again.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook. By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their entry/submission on the Promoter’s Facebook, twitter, instagram, vine, youtube, linkedin and pinterest accounts, the Promoter’s website () and blog within the Promoter’s electronic direct mail (EDM) communication pieces
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
Authorised under SA permit T21/808